Hybla Valley Donation Drive
12/7/2018 10:33 pm
Bags of clothing= 150
Boxes of food= 152
Grocery gift cards= $1,545
Generosity of CRES families= PRICELESS
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our amazing CRES community for your overwhelming generosity towards our annual Hybla Valley Food and Clothing drive. The donations have been pouring in over the last few weeks and our CRES staff and students have been very busy sorting and packing them up for delivery. As you can see above, this year was an incredible showing of how much our community cares and gives back!! THANK YOU!!!
Also, we would like to recognize CRES staff members that went above and beyond to organize the students every day and spend their mornings sorting and packing up all of the donations. Joni Corbett and Anita Ellis spent every morning, along with our students, going through every bag and placing items in boxes to transport them to Hybla Valley. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Thank you also to Felicia Allen and Barb Ruffner for your help during this drive!
None of this would have been possible without our passionate and dedicated chairs of this drive: Tina Sarani, Ann Malekzadeh, and Maureen Boyle. They have been working for months, planning with Hybla Valley, to find out what the specific needs of their families are, and then communicated that to our community. Thank you to the Jennifer Colman for giving up her garages during this collection. Thank you also to all of the volunteers who showed up on December 4th to load up cars and drive the donations down to Hybla Valley Elementary school in Alexandria. Also, a big thank you to Safeway for donating the brown bags to collect the donations.
We are incredibly blessed to be in a community that so willingly actively cares for others.
Winter BASA Registration Open
12/7/2018 10:26 pm
Registration is now open for winter BASA classes (Jan-Mar) and for the second half Chess Club* (Feb-May). Registration is open until 10pm on Jan. 13. Don't delay, classes fill up quickly! Note that if classes do not meet class minimums by Jan 6th, some classes may be cancelled. For more information and the list of classes, click here.
Classes start the week of Jan 14-18**
*Since Chess runs off-cycle, in two 16-class sessions, students need to register for Winter/Spring Chess now, even though the current session will run through February.
**Actual end dates depend on the length of the session (6-, 8-, and 10-class sessions are offered)
Other questions? Email: email@example.com
Math League 6th Grade Contest
11/27/2018 9:26 pm
What is The Math League 6th Grade Contest?
- The Math League Contest is a 30-minute, multiple choice, test containing 30-35 questions
- The Math League provides an opportunity for math-loving students to participate in an academically-oriented activity and to gain recognition for mathematical achievement
- Their main goal is educational: to promote enjoyment and study of mathematics by organizing contests for grades 4-12
- Questions cover a variety topics and range of difficulty for above-average math students
- Top 5 scores within each school will be used as official scores for school team ranking
Who can participate in the 6th Grade Math League Contest?
- Only 6th Graders are welcome to participate in the 6th Grade Math League Contest
- Other contests will be announced later in the year for 4th and 5th graders and for Algebra
When is the Math League Competition test?
- Competition Date: Tuesday, Feb 19th , 2019, after school at Colvin Run Elementary
- The 30-minute test starts right after school; Students must be picked up no later than 5pm
- The Math League Competition test is funded and made possible by CRES PTO
How do I sign up?
- Register by filling out google form: https://goo.gl/forms/Qa7kf4ptW7bCuK373
- Deadline to register: Friday, December 21, 2017 – right before winter break
- Students must be ready to test on time and come ready with pencils and an eraser.
- This is a timed test and calculators are NOT permitted on this test.
For sample tests and more information, visit
Questions? Contact Theresa Bhatia at firstname.lastname@example.org
10/2/2018 10:15 pm
Are you looking for ways to get involved? We've got you covered! From opportunities in the classroom to school wide events there are so many ways to participate at Colvin Run and make a difference in your child's elementary school experience! We have several upcoming volunteer opportunities. Please join us!
CRES Food Rescue Program - Sign up
Each Tues and Thurs afternoon
We need parent volunteers -- from all grades -- to assist with delivering the rescued food every Tuesday and Thursday through the end of the school year.
Open Volunteer Positions
|Classroom Volunteers||See Classroom Volunteer Opportunities|
Teacher Workday BASA Classes
10/2/2018 10:01 pm
Announcing Teacher Workday BASA Classes!
Yes, that's right! We now have BASA classes available for teacher workdays and early releases. To see the list of available classes, go to http://crespto.org/workdaybasa (more will be added as the year progresses).
Questions? Email: email@example.com
- Friday, December 14
- Monday, December 24
- Saturday, January 12
- Friday, January 18
- Monday, January 21
- Friday, January 25
- Monday, February 4
- Thursday, February 14