Math League Signups for 4th Grade, 5th Grade, and Algebra Contests
2/19/2019 9:14 pm
What is the Math League Contest?
- The Math League Contest is a grade-level 30-minute, multiple choice, math contest containing 30-35 questions
- The Math League provides an opportunity for math-loving students to participate in an academically-oriented activity and to gain recognition for mathematical achievement
- Their main goal is educational: to promote enjoyment and study of mathematics by organizing contests for grades 4-12
- Questions cover a variety of difficulty ranges and involve topics of interest to above-average students
- Top 5 scores within each school will be used as official scores for school team ranking
Who can participate in the Math League Contests?
- Only 4th Graders may participate in the 4th Grade Math League Contest - Limit, 30 students, there will be a waitlist thereafter
- Only 5th Graders may participate in the 5th Grade Math League Contest - Limit, 30 students , there will be a waitlist thereafter
- Any Mathlete may participate in the Algebra contest, however, priority will be given to 6th, then 5th, then 4th - Limit 30 students , there will be a waitlist thereafter
- Competition Dates: TBD - however, will be held after school April 15th or later that week at Colvin Run Elementary - Location TBD. Parents pick up at 5:00 p.m.
- The Math League Competition test is funded and made possible by CRES PTO
How do I sign up?
- 4th Grade Register by filling out google form. Click here to register for 4th grade Math League Contest
- 5th Grade Register by filling out google form. Click here to register for 5th grade Math League Contest
- Algebra Students Register by filling out google form. Click here to register for the Algebra Math League Contest
For sample tests and more information, visit
Questions? Contact Theresa Bhatia at firstname.lastname@example.org
2/5/2019 9:32 pm
In order for CRES to have a Talent Show this Spring, we need volunteers to take the lead!
Our Students have so much talent - dancing, singing, instruments....just to name a few! Each Spring we put these talents on display for the whole community to see at our annual Talent Show. This year CRES PTO is looking for a new team of parents to take the lead and manage the event.
Don't worry, you won't have to reinvent the wheel as the retiring team has a binder with all the information you'll need. The Talent Show has already been scheduled on April 10 and 11 with rehearsals on April 8 and 9. The auditions dates are TBD but will fall in early March.
So grab a couple of your friends and take this opportunity to join the PTO events team.
For more information, please contact Mandy Kerr, VP Events: email@example.com
Super Hero BINGO
2/5/2019 9:28 pm
Super Hero BINGO
Friday, February 22rd
Session I: 5:30pm-7:00pm Session II: 7:00pm-8:30pm
Prizes Ice Cream Dancing Bingo Family Friends
Bingo Night is another fun, family event sponsored by the CRES PTO. It's an evening filled with Bingo, prizes, Good Humor ice cream bars and Superhero fun.
Come dressed as your favorite SUPERHERO!
We still need many volunteers. Click here to help!
Family STEAM Night
2/5/2019 9:26 pm
Tuesday, March 5th
6:00 - 8:00 pm
Bring the whole family for an evening of fun, discovery and science learning!
- Try different hands-on activities related to science, technology, engineering and math brought to you by the Children’s Science Center
- Ride a cardboard rocket through the solar system or experience a force five hurricane inside the Dome Theater (tickets available soon)
- Discover all the students inventions and Rube Goldberg machines at the CRES STEAM Fair
- Explore student creativity and artistry at the CRES STEAM Fair art gallery
BBQ, hamburgers, hot dogs and more will be available from Uncle Fred's BBQ Smoke Shack
We're looking for a volunteer to take pictures during the event. If you can help, click here to sign up.
Questions? Contact Tim Judkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Crossing Guard Appreciation Day
2/5/2019 9:22 pm
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Attention all CRES walkers and bike riders!! Wednesday, February 13th is Crossing Guard Appreciation Day! The families of the walkers are planning to appreciate Ms. Edie, our amazing crossing guard, in a big way this year. Every day Ms. Edie helps the walkers and bike riders arrive to school safely – and she always has a smile on her face and a kind word for all! On this special day, let’s take the time to tell her how grateful we are to have her. You can write her a short thank you note, you can bring her a smile or hug, or you can tell her “thank you” in person. Ms. Edie is a great example of all of our Colvin Run Character Traits …. We are very lucky to have her as part of our CRES family!
2/5/2019 9:21 pm
Don't Forget to Bring in Your Box Tops!
The class with the most box tops wins an ice cream party
It’s Box Top time again! Pull out those scissors and cut up your boxes. Send in all non expired boxtops in a zip lock bag with your teachers name and grade on it!
Collections end on Tuesday Feb 26! Winning classroom will get an ice cream party! Remember if we collect 10,000 box tops as a school, we will win a Rock and Roll Wednesday!
Questions? Email Danielle Kouzoukas at email@example.com.
Teacher Lounge Improvements
2/5/2019 6:31 pm
Thanks to all of your support, CRES PTO has been busy working with the Teachers on making some much needed renovations to our Teacher's Lounge. We are in the process of installing a new coffee maker, new microwaves, a garbage disposal, new cabinet doors and a new countertop. Working with the county, we hope to have all of these improvements completed by the end of the school year.Read More
Hybla Valley Donation Drive
12/7/2018 10:33 pm
Bags of clothing= 150
Boxes of food= 152
Grocery gift cards= $1,545
Generosity of CRES families= PRICELESS
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our amazing CRES community for your overwhelming generosity towards our annual Hybla Valley Food and Clothing drive. The donations have been pouring in over the last few weeks and our CRES staff and students have been very busy sorting and packing them up for delivery. As you can see above, this year was an incredible showing of how much our community cares and gives back!! THANK YOU!!!
Also, we would like to recognize CRES staff members that went above and beyond to organize the students every day and spend their mornings sorting and packing up all of the donations. Joni Corbett and Anita Ellis spent every morning, along with our students, going through every bag and placing items in boxes to transport them to Hybla Valley. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Thank you also to Felicia Allen and Barb Ruffner for your help during this drive!
None of this would have been possible without our passionate and dedicated chairs of this drive: Tina Sarani, Ann Malekzadeh, and Maureen Boyle. They have been working for months, planning with Hybla Valley, to find out what the specific needs of their families are, and then communicated that to our community. Thank you to the Jennifer Colman for giving up her garages during this collection. Thank you also to all of the volunteers who showed up on December 4th to load up cars and drive the donations down to Hybla Valley Elementary school in Alexandria. Also, a big thank you to Safeway for donating the brown bags to collect the donations.
We are incredibly blessed to be in a community that so willingly actively cares for others.
10/2/2018 10:15 pm
Are you looking for ways to get involved? We've got you covered! From opportunities in the classroom to school wide events there are so many ways to participate at Colvin Run and make a difference in your child's elementary school experience! We have several upcoming volunteer opportunities. Please join us!
Skate Night - Sign up
Sat, Jan 12 - 6-8pm
Various volunteers needed
CRES Food Rescue Program - Sign up
Each Tues and Thurs afternoon
We need parent volunteers -- from all grades -- to assist with delivering the rescued food every Tuesday and Thursday through the end of the school year.
Open Volunteer Positions
|Classroom Volunteers||See Classroom Volunteer Opportunities|
Teacher Workday BASA Classes
10/2/2018 10:01 pm
Announcing Teacher Workday BASA Classes!
Yes, that's right! We now have BASA classes available for teacher workdays and early releases. To see the list of available classes, go to http://crespto.org/workdaybasa (more will be added as the year progresses).
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org